Google’s Cyber security researchers uncover various dangerous data-stealing and reading messages malware apps on the Google Play Store. Approximately, eight apps were found to be infected by the malware called Autolycus, thus users are asked to uninstall them from the phone right away.
Reportedly, these apps are unavailable on the Google Play Store managing to garner over three million downloads. But the Bleeping computers has revealed that still two of the apps are working on the Google Play Store.
The most important notification about malware apps and data-stealing Trojans are the most dangerous for Android phones as they might steal login credentials for websites you log in to frequently, including social media and online banking accounts.
Here’s the malware apps and its detail’s listings:-
1. Vlog Star Video Editor is recorded to have 1 million downloads
2. Creative 3D Launcher is known to have 1 million downloads
3. Wow Beauty Camera records 100,000 downloads
4. Gif Emoji Keyboard has 100,000 downloads
5. Freeflow Camera 1.0.0 with 5,000 downloads
6. Coco camera V1.1 with 1,000 downloads
7. Funny Camera by KellyTech Over 50,000 downloads
8. ‘Razer Keyboard & Theme by rachel diolola heads 50,000 downloads
Look into yours cells in order to check the above mentioned apps otherwise, your data may also get stolen.
Users after installation are granted permission for subscription to the premium version without letting the owner know the malware subscribes users to a premium service using their telecom monthly bill.