The need for your CRM to grow is imperative when it comes to sustained business growth. Taking this aspect into consideration, you can greatly benefit from building light-weight, efficacious custom CRM softwares in place of ploughing money into complex off-the-shelf solutions. Here are 4 top reasons why you should build your own custom CRM.
It’s less expensive than standard off-the-shelf CRMs
On the off chance, you run a medium or large-scale business then custom CRM softwares is more affordable than a readymade off-the-shelf solution whose costs amplify with your business growth. You can develop your custom-tailored CRM by making use of both pre-defined and customized apps that suit your individual requirements. The cost of a customized CRM depends on the following factors.
- Number of features that need to be added
- The technical intricacies of the features
- The overall experience of the developer
- A few non-functional needs such as security, reliability, etc.
Custom CRM softwares has a less onboarding time
With the help of a simple user interface that comes along with custom CRM softwares you can significantly shorten a prolonged onboarding period and amplify employee productivity. While carrying out an onboarding process customized CRMs can come to your succor in the following ways
- It makes smoother for new employees to adjust to the CRM system integrated with existing workflows.
- It reduces the propensity of errors that can be committed in the course of the onboarding process.
- It allows the addition of necessary advanced features thereby cutting down on overall training expenses.
It can make inter-system consolidation simpler
The approach to integrate applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Google apps, accounting apps (QuickBooks, Xero, etc.), Gmail, custom ERP tool, invoicing and inventory and systems, project management apps, etc. becomes complicated with off-the-shelf CRMs.
However, custom CRM softwares eases future integrations and makes it less costly by allowing developers to make use of the API-first approach and subsequently increasing process reliability. Once these customized integrations are put into effect the CRM will be converted into a centralized information hub regardless of the various departments including finance, marketing, sales, supply chain, manufacturing, project management, HR, technical support, customer service, etc. and go forward in successful digitization.
Custom CRM Softwares makes the scaling process easier
As your business grows, information sharing and automation need to be augmented too. Thus, the expansion of CRM functionality across all departments becomes all-important. As far as custom CRM softwares is concerned you own the product and can proceed with making adjustments so as to make it comply with your business scalability.
You can derive the following benefits while putting a customized CRM into practice.
- The number of users can be increased without any extra cost outlay.
- Long-drawn-out capabilities such as database management, lead management, and augmented analytics can be meticulously customized.